Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Please don’t let me redundant!

I am born on this land; I am also part of this system, like you. Don’t declare me redundant in the garb of advanced technology…or in the attire of insufficient resources.

Give me food to eat; for I am hungry.
Give me education…let me, atleast, also understand your governmental web.

Let me have an “unemployment allowance” for it’s your duty to provide me employment.
You promised me employment… you promised me, you will… I am bleeding in pain… but why your parliamentary ears can’t hear my cries??

We are miserable not because we are born that way...
We are so because you have destined us to be that way.

Poverty is not an evil…
Unemployment is not an evil…
Illiteracy is not an evil…

Your system is an evil…
Your policies are evil…
You are an evil!!

Why increase in working hours has not proportionally increased my level of happiness?
Why this wide gap between me and those very few elite members of YOUR civilization widening day by day?
Why is there so unequal distribution of property?
Why millions of people, like me, are becoming redundant day by day?
Why this system is becoming so insensitive for me?

But you are not safe…you are not secure…you cannot sleep happily at my cost…

The bed you lay on, the building you get shelter from, the food you eat….these things are made up of my sweat and blood… I won’t let my property looted this way… I will take revenge… yes, I will have to take a revenge… for that’s the only resort left to me.

I don’t want to commit suicide anymore… I would rather kill.

I am not weak… I am rising in number day by day… I will throw your governance… I will let YOU redundant.

This land is yours, so is mine… please let me have my share… I am not asking for any more… but please don’t take my life… please don’t let me redundant … please let me live with dignity… I don’t want to die anymore…I am your part only…I am also an Indian, like you!

-by Anuj!

No comments: